Being a Candle Which Lights Up The World
When we see something good and positive in life, do we reflect it and magnify the goodness, or do we snuff out the flame? The critical elements of having a perspective filled with joy are the three virtues given to all of us freely by God called Faith, Hope, and Love. Cynicism, outside influences, and general negativity can dull the mirror and snuff out the candle if we don’t protect our spirit of joy. It’s crucial for us to polish the mirror through prayer and meditation: and sometimes just taking a moment of gratitude and peace. It can be challenging but always possible. Let’s light the world with God’s love and see the good happen!
Lessons explored in this episode:
- Perspective is a matter of our free will. We can choose to embrace Faith, Hope, and Love.
- When we open our hearts to Jesus, instead of thorns, we will see roses.
- When we see something good and positive in life, do we reflect it and magnify the goodness, or do we snuff out the flame?
This week’s thought and challenge:
Be the light that spreads joy for all to see.
Suggested actions for this week:
- Chose a perspective that is positive in all things
- Have faith God is involved
- Be hopeful in all situations
- Lead with an attitude of love, the greatest of all virtues freely given to us by the grace of God!
Dr. Bruce L. Hartman in a Christian author and advisor. Who has written four highly rated books; Jesus & Co., Your Faith Has Made You Well, Spend A year with Jesus and Jesus is Everything.
Pastor Lou Strugala is the founder and leader of Church By The Bay In Absecon, New Jersey. Lou’s is also a street pastor who engages in many activities to help those struggling; including providing thousands of meals to shut-ins, clothing for the homeless and support throughout southern New Jersey. Lou is a chaplain for many police departments, including the New Jersey State police.